Attention is a very valuable resource but unfortunately, we get distracted about once every 5 minutes as we try to thrive in the ‘Age of Distraction’.
Linda Ray, NeuroCapability CEO, expounded the term ‘Multitasking’ as Dual-Task Interference and further explained that ‘switching’ has a cost where connections begin to fade away making you less productive.
- Cognitive Overwhelm
- Why ‘Multi-tasking’ is not the antidote for ‘Overwhelm’
- Managing the impact of ‘Distraction’
- Tools and Tips for managing ‘Overwhelm’
Here are the Tools and Tips for managing ‘Overwhelm’
- Uni-task – give multi-tasking the flick
- Identify distractions and mitigate their impact
- Plan for deep work
- Use C.H.I.P.S.